Sunday, November 30, 2008

Will's Christmas List

Our 5 year old, Will told me AGAIN last night what he wanted for Christmas. He came up to me, after we had put him in bed, and the conversation went like this:

"Will, you are supposed to be in bed."

"But mom, I wanted to tell you what I wanted for Christmas."

I just looked at him and sort of rolled my eyes like any mom of 5 kids who has been waiting for this moment of peace when they are all in bed would do. He continued...

"I know you and dad will only get me one present, but I wanted to tell you what else I wanted so you can tell other people to get it for me."

"Ok, Will, what do you want, but I think most people have already bought your presents."

"I want Indiana Jones Legos because Elijah keeps taking the Lego man I play with and says I can't use him for Indiana Jones and I really need one that is mine."

"OK, and what else?"

"I need that skull set from Playmobil because it's pirates and has a skeleton and we use to have a skeleton, but remember when part of it got broken or something. So I really need that skull set."

"And..."

"Hmm, and I probably need a calendar."

"A calendar?"

"Yeah."

We wait for about 30 seconds and he adds

"Except what exactly is a calendar?"

I chuckle and say, "It helps you to see what day of the month it is."

He says, "Yeah. I need one of those."


I just thought that was cute and worth sharing!

2 comments:

Leisha said...

Get the boy a calenadar!!! He NEEDS one - he has lego plans to make and needs to keep his dates straight!! Too cute - thanks for sharing - I love those moments ;-)

Leisha said...

Here's another thought....maybe an Indiana Jones Lego Calendar!! ;-) I'll snatch one up if I see one!!