Sunday, November 23, 2008

Indians!

We had a Thanksgiving party with our homeschool group last week. We were allowed to dress up if we wanted to, so I decided to get out the sewing machine and see what I could come up with.

Will's costume looks pretty good for someone who's never REALLY sewed before. At least I think so. Will thought it was great the day before this picture, but the day of the party he realized that he was right when he said, "Grandma is a better sew-er then you, mommy." The crotch of hid pants hangs down really, really low. I tried to explain that if you just pulled the pants up to your shoulders then the pants would look all right and your belly would stay warm. He didn't really like my idea. Oh well, I tried.

Lucy's dress turned out way to big, but when I cut a good chunk of the sleeves off, I think it looked really cute. She would disagree with me. She was NOT happy about wearing her dress. But I made it and she had to. (There goes mean mommy again.)

Now Briley really liked her dress. At least she appreciates her mom's hard work.
And I'm telling you what. My thumb and index fingers are still sore from stringing the beads on the fringe and tying those knots. Ouch!


No comments: