Friday, November 28, 2008

The leftovers from Thanksgiving Dinner

Well, Thanksgiving is over. I've cooked. I'm done cooking. Forever.

OK, I'm back. We went out for pizza so I feel like I can cook again. Here are some pictures of what I made to take to my in-laws for our big family lunch. Of coarse I didn't think to take the pictures before we ate, so you get to see the leftovers.



First up, the scrumptious green beans cooked the southern way.
(Which means lots of sugar, salt, and time on the burner!)



Then I tried my hand for the first time on the Whiskey Glazed Carrots that The Pioneer Woman makes. The picture looks bad because they've been in the fridge and the glaze has thickened up. I hear they tasted very good. (I wouldn't know because I don't eat carrots unless they are in a soup or pot pie where you can't taste them.) In order to make this I had to go and buy some Jack Daniels. Here I am with my baby, in the liquor store, total lost. The nice lady helped me out and called me hon. I felt better.


Here is the mac and cheese. Homemade. From scratch. The best ever, next to my mom's. One of our family favorites. Try it and you won't go back to the box!







Then the big hit-Strawberry Pretzel Salad!
The kids went wild. You can here them cheering from your house right now, can't ya?
This chunk was taken away by the kids at the family lunch and this last half, finished off by my kids that night.






Here is a view of all the creamy layers. Actually one fruity, one creamy, and one sweet, sour, and crunchy.











Everybody likes strawberries!






All we have left is a teeny, tiny, bit of the carrots. It was hard work, but well worth it. Can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Leisha said...

I NEED the strawberry pretzel recipe ;-)
btw - would have loved to have been in the liquor store watching you buy the whiskey - too funny ;-)