Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Some blogs have Thursdays as Thankful Thursdays, so I thought I might too.

So what am I thankful for right now, or better yet, yesterday?

BEDTIME!

Hubby was walking out the door to go meet a friend, I was holding the crying baby, pumpkin guts were all over the floor, some of the kids were eating supper, one was looking for a lost math book, and one was yelling that she didn't like her milk.

Hot Hubby looked at me and said, "Are you OK? Are you sure this is all right?"
"Yeah, sure. Go ahead." I said.
"Are you really sure? I mean, I could stay home."
"No, really. It's fine. It's almost bedtime!"

So yesterday I was very thankful for bedtime.

One of the main rules in our house are that all kids are in bed by 7:30. It use to be 8, but then we got smart. We also realized that kids don't understand the time change and when the sun is down at 5, for all they know it's 7 or 8. We use it to our advantage.

We're mean parents!

No comments: